Google released their Street View service in the UK yesterday, covering 25 Towns and Cities, including Manchester.
Aside from the privacy issues, this tool can help direct people to locations or meetings more accurately or easily. Instead of just a map of your location on your Contact page, you could also embed the Street View image of your building.
- bobop: 43folders.com or inboxzero.com give tips on dealing with email faster so you have more time to engage through social networks
- bobop: You need to engage with the people you want to reach where they are on the web
- bobop: Twitter helps spread your message and engage with people easily in real-time
- bobop: Ping.fm spreads your updates across many web applications, but interacting on these web applications is still crucial
- bobop: "Social Media" is something that gets better when people are in it
- bobop: Other recommendations: Getting Things Done, Ta-Da lists, Writeboards, iPhone, Twitter, Paper and Pen!
- bobop: Other online tools: Drupal, Wiki's, WordPress.org, RSS, BaseCamp, Google Apps for your domain, Gmail, PhpBB forums
- bobop: UserVoice let's your users easily tell you what they want on your website
- bobop: Google Analytica allows you to see how many visitors have come to your site, which pages are popular, and more information
- bobop: Let your, or your organizations, personality shine through when you interact online, don't use the same reply everytime
- bobop: Google Alerts can help you discover content and people relevant to your work who you can then interact with or promote
- bobop: Linking to similar or helpful websites, commenting on articles or forums will help raise your profile
- bobop: Search Engine Optimisation helps people find your website and content more easily
- bobop: "Getting Real" is a very good book, well written, on building web projects
- bobop: Iterative or Agile development (shorter time limits on goals) allows for better communication and more accurate results
- bobop: Communication with web developers is extremely important to achieve your aims. Developers are often not good at communicating!
- bobop: Having an "evangelist" of personality is very useful to attract attention and keep conversation and interaction going.
- bobop: To attract attention to your content/information it needs to be spread widely: Blog RSS, Twitter, Ning Google Groups, etc.
- bobop: Community websites need a community already to succeed, you can't force community
Creating a custom theme for bobop.tumblr.com